Monday, August 9, 2010

Yeah more Books for us to bring home! + ECO Bazaar!

Do you have those times where there are so many books from the library that you would like to borrow but you can't because the limit is only 5 books per student?
Are you the type where you can't study in the library and you need to borrow more than 5 books to bring home so that you can study?
or you have never ever borrowed a book from your campus library?! (XD I have friend like this, ok.)

NO FEAR YOUR PROBLEMS ARE CLEAR 
Thanks to the library management team, we, the Taylor's student are now allowed to borrow 10 books! That is AMAZING! (well, at least for people like me) Print-screen of the announcement below:

 I know is small so I shall quote for you:
"The Library is pleased to announce that with immediate effect borrowing privileges for ALL students have been increased by 5 items! Pre-university and undergraduates can now borrow 10 items and Masters and PhD Students can borrow up to 15 items!"

I like borrowing books from the library. No, is not a joke, I really do. WHY? First of all, every semester, we have to pay a miscellaneous fee which includes library fee, computer fee and etc. Duh, since we paid for it, why not make full use of it! Even now, I am using Taylor's computer to write this blog. Besides, if you need to print anything, you can straight send to the Taylor's printer/photostat machine. Secondly, I am the freckle minded type. I have problems choosing what books do I want to borrow and most of the time my choice of books will exceed 5, to me, every book seems nice and useful for my assignments. Though, many times I fail to use every book that I borrowed. :( I am such a typical lazy student. Thirdly, most of the books useful for assignments or even just for leisure reading are really expensive to be purchase. Some books can cost up to few hundred ringgit and being the stingy me, no way I will spend that amount for a book just for one time usage. Don't WASTE MONEY, borrow from the library!

Talking about saving money, how about saving the planet? Truth out! I am not going to lie, I am not an Eco freak as I still do prefer using plastic bags instead of shopping bags when shopping but I do re-used plastic at home. Also, I do support saving water, planting a tree, stop open burning and littering and etc because those are just bad for the environment! So, I am considered still quite eco-friendly.


As you can see, they have some pre-loved fashionable items. That means more shopping for me! Yes, I did my part today, I brought some old spoiled mouse and camera to the campaign, also, I bought few items from the bazaar as a contribution. I am proud that Taylor's is trying to encourage the students to go green. So if you have any items that you don't want anymore, please do bring and drop it off at the Taylor's lakeside MPH. If not, you can always just drop by to check out the bazaar!

Future post: 2nd learning resource fair and Mirror magazine ambassador search.

No comments: