Sunday, August 15, 2010

Taylor's 2nd Learning Resources Fair 2010

Say Hello to my new friend,

Rob-Otman

Serene and I decorated him with some modern punk look. He is a special friend from LASC (Learning & Academic Skills Centre) or Learning centre in Taylor's University college. His purpose is to welcome all students that walk into the LASC with a big smile, un-proportionate eyes and fido-dido hair. However, on the 6 August 2010, Rob-Otman had a special task to lead the crowd in to the Lecture Theater 3 as LASC had organized an event called the 2nd Learning Resource Fair 2010.


Engaging the Learner in You!


Entrance goodie
Pen, survey form, LASC flyer, event agenda and lucky draw ticket.

The LASC team in Taylor's offers a range of learning and academic skills resources to support students in making the most experience out of university life. LASC can help students sharpen their learning skills. We have advisers that can help harness student's academic potential to reach their goals. Best of all, consultations are free and we have huge range of references and resources. All you got to do is step into their office at Block C, level 2 (opposite library) and sign up! They are open from Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm.

This fair is similar to an educational fair but with a twist. One of the famous attraction other than lucky draw is the GeneCode Dermatoglyphics.



What they do is that they take you thumb print/ finger prints (Similar way when you do you ic) then through the shape of prints, apparently, then can determine an individual’s innate characteristics (which includes personalities and performances). Additionally, it reveals the innate learning styles, strengths and weaknesses. Thus, the discovery of your genes is by studying your of fingerprint of better known as dermatoglyphics. However, do be careful as there are some practitioner out there misused dermatoglyphics and conduct fortune-telling instead of proper analysis! *I did some research on this, I don't just simply blah about it*

I tried it out but did not complete the process as I was cut half way through to work. haha, yes I was helping out again for the event. Anyway, this is not some cha-pa-lang event okay. We have opening ceremony.


The Man whom speak like a wise

Ridiculous me holding one side of the ribbon


And serene working hard to make the scissors plate look nice.

So it is an OFFICIAL EVENT! and look at the amount of people!




Haha, fine. It was pack probably for the first hour. The rest of the day, we helpers have to push people in the LT3. Other than the GeneCode, we have booth like:

 Eco stationary by O'Bon.
I bought pencils made from newspapers and a file that is in support of WWF. I really wanted the notebook made from bamboo to add to my collection but I was out of cash. Amazing stuff!

Research database. 
 Student's portfolio. 
This is particularly Foundation in Science. We also have Hospitality and Tourism, Architecture and etc.

Another favourite of mine, I love this like seriously, I was literally standing there playing with it for at least 15 minutes. Drawing and writing on the board like a 5 year old kid. 

TADAAAAAA............

 A WHITEBOARD???
LAME..........
NOT!!!
When it's empty, you might think that it is just a white board with connected projector and speakers. Even that I thought it was quite amazing already but wait, that's not it. It is a gadget functions just like Ipad that connects to the laptop. You can move things with your fingers and writes like a whiteboard! Cool teaching gadget right!

 As I said, I had my fun! Oh yeah, this genius device is by Ep-tec.

Random pictures:

 Cute bears right, everyone wants a piece of that bear!

 I bump into two of my uber-awesome lectures.

 Final picture
Me, the bear and Rob-Otman.

Okie! That's all for now! What a fun tiring day I had.

Heartz
jq

No comments: