Monday, June 21, 2010

World Class Scholarship Part 1

It's the time of the year again for the annual Taylor's World Class Scholarship event! I am excited because this is my first time attending one, though, I am not one of the profile who will be receiving the scholarship. Haihz... I was there as a student helper/ambassador. So, I only watch people receive them from various awesome and fabulous company. Not joking, I envy all World Class Scholar!

If you don't know what is World Class Scholarship, it is a scholarship given to Taylor's students in collaboration with leading world class multinationals. The best part about this scholarship is that it is not only as a financial aid but students will get the golden opportunity to train with global brands. It is a guaranteed practical training for them!

A few examples of companies are:





We also have BMW Group, Frost & Sullivan, Hilton Kuala Lumpur, IBM Malaysia, Leo Burnett, Weber Shandwick, Universal McCann and many more.

It is just kind of pointless for me to take pictures of the screen for all companies. haha. I think some uncle beside me must be thinking I am mad as I was taking pictures of the all the profile's slide just because my friends wants to know who are 21 best of the best students this year.

To know more about World Class? Check out Taylor's Website.

Moving on.....

I took a few shots of the rehearsal for fun


This is where the VVVIP sit.


If you do not know, this year 2010, World Class Scholarship was presented by YB Dato Seri Mohammed Khaled Nordin, Minister of Higher Education. The picture below is him giving the opening speech.


The hall was pretty full with parents, siblings, grandmothers, grandfathers, practically their whole related relatives come and support their son, daughter, sibling, grandchild..... getting this BIG AWARD!



Of course, we also have reporters and medias, Taylor's Deans and many other important people sitting in this memorable event.

All applicants for this scholarship are to attend a few rounds of interviews and essay writing. Thus, it is important to not only excel in your academics but an all-rounder seem to attract most of the interviewer. Most of the receiver are both well in their academics as well as non academics.

Few pictures of the recipients, (random, I don't know any of them) 









For this shot, some of the recipient were asked to posed that way for some special photographers to take pictures. So I also went and Kepo(busybody) take picture. haha.


A final Group picture!

All guest are then invited for light refreshment in our very own restaurants. Tangerine, Thyme and Tarragon. I will be having a part two just for light refreshments or else this post will get too long. I am afraid readers will lose focus, I learned this on IPD(Issues in Publication and Design). Miss Jenny and Miss Ngim will be so proud of me! XD.

Seriously, the food was really good! So wait up for the World Class Scholarship Part 2- Light refreshments. I will be away to Johor in a few hours time, will be back tomorrow. Questions? Comment or leave it in the cbox.








































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post! :)

I'm one of the recipients but unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures on that day so I'm glad I stumbled across this post! I'm the girl in the middle of the picture for the photoshoot session thing; which is for Campus News btw. :)))

But thanks for the post! At least I've got some pictures from the event! :D

JQLeeJQ said...

hey! No problem! Continue to check this page out for more updates on Taylor's event/ news/ watever. haha, who knows, your face might pop up again! Congratz once again! TQ for dropping by!