Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Jog for HOPE

Yes, It's true, I did it!!! 6km mini marathon at Taylor's Sri Hartamas on the 18 July 2010! Though, I was disappointed in myself for not jogging the whole way through, my stamina was not up to the standard yet. As this was my first marathon, 6km felt really far. However, I completed it in approximately 40-45 minute, was up to my expectation. Hooray... clap hands...

I went with other two friends. Wei ling and Mei ting from ADP Taylor's Subang.



Weiling and I



Meiting and I

Free Jog for Hope T-shirts! Many changed into the shirt for the jog but I particularly do not like to sweat in a white shirt unless it is specially for sports. 


There were seriously a lots of people! This registration counter were for those whom register on the spot.


and this were the other counter behind the registration counter for pre registered  participants. Personally, I like this system. So that those pre register don't have to wait at the back of the line so long for the new people to register. Is like you have a direct access to a concert, you don't need to wait in line to go in.



Bag deposit area was great too. I don't think I have heard anything lost so far, my stuff was fairly secured and there where no mixing up bags and mistakes. Everything was very organized and in order.



My friends and I reached Hartamas on time even though we have no idea where is the place. Thanks to Sean and Kaven giving me directions the night before the run, somehow, with God's grace, I manage to find the way. We were given our shirt and numbers, a short warm up session was held too. I was really hungry that morning because I thought that they will be providing light breakfast, too bad for me, there were no traces of food for participants at all! I wanted to buy yogurt from the vending machine but it doesn't want to drop my yogurt. Worst part is that the refund money button was spoiled! So, my friend picked milk to drink as that button was available to be pushed. I was so sad... No food.... No yogurt...

Even though we were on time, I guess it was still considered early. We explored around Hartamas campus as it was my first time visiting that campus.




 Communication, too long to be taken with.
It is kind of cool, really. I love how the walls have variety of words, sentence and inspiring statements.

My friend and I started with walking just to warm our body up. At the same time, I am sorry but I just have to say this, I was keeping my eyes on pretty chicks and hot hunks! To my surprise, trust me, there where plenty! Hehe, sorry, ran out of the topic. Anyways, Weiling and I jogged first, leaving Meiting behind. After about 2 and half KM, I could not keep up with Weiling anymore. I just had to walk for a while. So she Ditched me! (hehe, no la, who call I slow and lousy). Every KM there will be a water station and at the 3rd KM, we were required to collect a rubber band from the checkpoint. It was quite funny because it seems like everybody was just following where everybody was running, I know I don't have a clue which road am I suppose to run and all. I just follow the crowd, they go left, I go left, they go right, I go right.

Run run run.... walk walk walk... jog jog jog.... Finally......

We finished with a cert and goodies bag! My favourite part of all. hahaha.





Hahaha, we purposely took the photo in front of nice cars.


I just want to shout out: 
GOOD JOB TREE HUGGERS, IT WAS A SUCCESSFUL EVENT!

No comments: