Saturday, April 7, 2012

Preparing me to meet the Working World!

As the Taylor's Career and Employment Fair 2012 is getting closer, they had a few workshops going on specially for those who wants to learn more on how you can get The Dream Job . Some of you might know, I'm graduating in 5 months time and I am definitely looking for a god place to intern and a great place to work.

Obviously, you will need a good resume before everything else. So important! If your resume & cover letter is sucky, you don't even get short-listed for the interview because you are not the only applicant for the job. Honestly, I never written a resume in my entire life, even when I have been working part-time or interning out there. This time, I can't run anymore, its time to grow up and intern somewhere I have never thought I would be in. Hopefully, good money too! :p

So I attended the talk by our very own staff from Taylor's Career Centre. They not only prepare us with resume review and mock-up interview but also if needed, help us to get a job.



After polishing your resume who knows, you got the Interview! You've got to prepare yourself and dress to impress! First impression is very important, make sure that you dress appropriately for your job.

The talk was given by Miss Jo from Avante PR.



It was a 2 hours talk, I was sleepy that day as I did not have enough sleep trying to get part of my assignments done. However, the talk was beneficial to all of us. :)

No comments: