Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tour on Taylor's University Gym [before official launch]

I'm many of you have heard about the new Taylor's Gym opened yesterday. I couldn't resist not to drive all the way there even though I am still on break. Somehow, I felt like I just needed to show you a little tour for the place. 

So I went over and I met 2 helpful trainers(Issac and Calvin) in some Q&A as well as a tour of the gym. 

Uni Gym
Reception counter at Syopz, level 2
Enquires email: src@taylors.edu.my

Free trial starts from 8 Feb-31 March 2012
After that, a fee of Rm15 (per month i think, there will be package of one year) will be charged. *an online form might be the only way to register*
Only for Taylor's staff and students, no outsider is allowed even if you plan to pay for the gym. 

Operating hours:
Monday-Fridays 7am-11pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 7am-7pm
Closed for selected public holidays: New Year, CNY, Raya, Deepavali & Christmas. *who knows, if we win football again, it will be close too....jk :)*

For personal trainers is about rm80 per session (TBC), there will be package coming as well. 

One of the main reasons for me being there was to check if there is any towel facilities or soaps and stuff. ZERO. There is nothing, so be prepared to bring your own Towels and bathing things. 

According to them, there will be an official launch next Thursday (16/2/2012) probably in the morning but I am unsure about the details. 


Issac- answered my Questions






 I am happy that they have lockers available *limited* *super limited*

But I am a bit disappointed that we have to pay Rm2 each time we open or forgot something from the lockers. I would prefer that they provided us lockers which we can probably rent for a day. They still could clear out the lockers daily. That would have been a better choice.

I like that it is huge, I do hope that they would put some benches and more lockers to fill this area.

Good amount of shower room and toilet. I wished that they will put some hooks in the showers so that no one would play a prank on us if we only hang our clothes on the hanger outside the door. I like how the shower door looks really like you are in Uni Gym and stuff (like in movies) but I placed my hands behind the door, I feel like it is tiny bit transparent for me. So warning, do not go too close to the door when your naked.

 I loved the big mirrors along the taps though, there is no long, full body mirror anywhere! At least put it in the girl bathroom, we will appreciate it much!

Pool, common. The infinity pool idea didn't turned out really well.

 Smart of them to put showers out near the pool :)

The stairs to the studio

Little more machines at the upper floor facing the parking lot and the exit of the school. So you can make your decision to go home when you see the amount of cars lining up to exit the school or to stalk on the girl/guy of your dreams car to see if he/she left campus. :p

 The studio, I like it, quite spacious. With mirrors!
*So I've heard that the classes will all be free. Schedules will be out by next week*

 Some equipments for studio sessions. Please place a big Rattan Hula-Hoop in this as well, it is very good for the abs area for girls :D







Calvin- Gave me a tour

 Kick boxing ring!

 Apparently is not completed yet, so I will update again when it is officially launched.

No comments: