Tuesday, February 28, 2012

APSSA Student Leadership Conference 2012

I saw this recently in my student portal and it caught my attention because I saw the 'Fully Sponsored trip to Manila, Philippines'. Lols, don't judge, I'm sure you would take it to if you were given sponsored trip.

 
So I took some time to go through it and check out the requirements or what this is all about. If you can't read the print screen above, it talks about Taylor's University is looking for 4 deserving students leaders to represent the Uni in a conference call APSSA Student Leadership Conference 2012. *APSSA = Asia Pacific Student Services Association. 

The conference will be held in De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines in July and the theme if Global Citizenship: Challenges, opportunities and responses. Of course, other than just seeing the free flight to Manila, right minded person will also go google on the Venue just to check out how the Uni looks like. So this is what I found:

 
I was totally won over by this image! Looks so British! I straight tried my luck and download the form. 

It will be a good opportunity as if I am selected, I will be representing student leader ambassador of TU, meet people from various other countries, build network by increasing my cross cultural competency, understanding global citizenship and enhance my employability!

I was thinking since this is my last semester, why not?! If I don't get it then so be it. So I filled my form carefully:



If you read my short description as requested, I was going for "I know I'm confident but I don't want to overdo it and make people feel I'm so full of myself" kind of statements. HAHAHA! I guess is just a play of words, you should kind of write something that what you think they want to hear from you in order to increase your chances. Though, I have a feeling I might not get it just because I am a final semester student, they probably think how can I benefit or serve the Uni after this conference, so no point sending me. :P (is just my point of view) 

Basically my point here is that why not go out of your comfort zone? In some ways, the reason why I participate in this was also because I felt that all these years as a Taylor's student, I'm always based in Malaysia or more specific, Klang Valley. Never once I go overseas or even outstation for a conference or workshop like this. I felt that because I didn't get myself a chance to expand myself that could help in expanding my social network and open up my eyes more about other countries and cultures. 

I just want to say GET OUT & EXPLORE when you have the chance. 

No comments: