Thursday, December 22, 2011

How to make Macaroon? Come learn from Taylor's


Source: http://milkadeal.com/deals/taylors-macarons

If you think nobody bought this deal, that is because once I got the update email from Milkadeal, I just have to print screen and post it up here for everyone to see!

The Chef teaching is Chef Karam,, he is an amazing Dessert/Pastry Chef. I tried his cream puff once and I was hooked thinking that all Taylor's cream puff is as good as his handmade but unfortunately, sometimes their students creation are just not as good as his. :(

Macaroon is one of the expensive delight desserts and I feel sad that it is unfortunately one of my favourite desserts ever. Because it is so expensive, I carve for it. As well as because it so expensive, I tried to make my own. Turns out it became a 'Macoon' (my bf called it) instead of Macaroon. It didn't rise to have feet on them and it is not crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. It literally just became crunchy like a cookie. LOLs.

I mean, to have one of the best Chef  teaching you on the art of making Macaroon and having everything provided to you in class. Why not give it a go? I mean even when you buy almond powder for this recipe, it will cost you a bom if you fail making them just like me. I think my almond powder is still laying somewhere in my cabinet. HAHAHAHA!

No comments: