Sunday, September 12, 2010

Selamat Hari Raya + RTM Trip!

Woots, I guessed I have been away for almost 2 weeks now. I am having my semester break now + Raya break. Really busy with assignments and accapella practice and etc but college life have been good.

A while back, I had a class trip to RTM Angkasapuri. It was pure fun as we got to check out the behind the scenes of broadcasting TV and Radio. Besides that, we go back to the history of broadcasting machines. It's a muzium filled with big old machines. I guess the older it is, the bigger the machine is. Some of those items were as old as 1960s.


A tour guide explained about the old radio broadcast machine.
It used to be super manual. 
Apparently radio DJs back then are more talented in multitasking because everything now is digital.

Clearer view of the machine.
Okay yes, and a clearer view of me. XD
Vain pot!

I am assuming that this is somewhat like a projector or something.

All these equipments looked so fragile, like it would break anytime. 
Of course, during the tour, 
I will be the usual me touching every single buttons to figure out what does it do.


New fact for me, did you know that in the olden days,
editors literally cut out the films and glue them back with special glue as video editing? 
Their work must be horrendously tedious.
I mean like now, I can just use movie maker or final cut pro and click click click!

You guessed it,
a super old broadcast camera. 
Check the new one out below.

It's amazing how much things change right?!
Way more modern and cool.

As you can see, the background is green right.
but when you see it on TV

There are buildings!
Most of us were so fascinated by it.
A picture with a host of 'Selamat Pagi Malaysia'


So that is the TV building

Next up, Radio station.

RTM Studio radio!



You can't see the tour guide here as I guessed everyone was so curious to see everything.
I just found out that day that RTM have quite a number of radio stations.
Honestly, I never really heard of them because I was so tuned in to private stations all the time.

oh dear God, will I be jail for this??
Nah... I was allowed to take pictures for that day!

Say Hi to Double D!
Thank you so much for letting us go on air and have our 10 minutes of fame.
I had it on tape, shall post it up once I edited it.

That is all for radio.
Before I end,

there were loads of security guarding the place.


Yup, so I was at complex Angkasapuri! Almost done here.

Final picture of the day! Let's sing nobody nobody but you! *clap clap*



Me here reminding you remember to vote for me! Round one closes tomorrow 13 Sept 2010 and I need every last vote!

Short announcements,

Check out Taylor's Website for more info.
and

Blood saves lives! As the proverb says, "Where there is a Will there is a Way." Donation of blood would be of immense use to protect the lives from death. Come and be a blood donor to save lives for tomorrow!  

Blood Donation Drive details: 

Date: 14 September (Tuesday)
Time: 10am-3pm
Venue: Multi-Purpose Hall, Lakeside Campus

(I will be going for this donation, come join me!)

No comments: